• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire]

The colt is leery of her, a stranger upon his borders, which is naturally understandable. She has never been particularly good with children, but never has she frightened them either. Of course, she is simply not a very frightening mare in general. Of average height and slim build, she is hardly an imposing figure. Her mottled skin of pewter and white is not unique, nor brightly colored, nor even particularly notable for any reason. Nothing about her speaks of anything terrifying or powerful.

Their assumptions would be wrong, but she often uses those misassumptions to her benefit. It is better to be underestimated than overestimated, in her opinion. Piercing blue eyes studying red and white colt, she remains silent as he stares at her, defiance in every line of his young body.

Of course, he has nothing to defy. She has no expectations of him. At least, none that he could comprehend, nor anything that would require his acquiescence. Indeed, if she did wish to borrow his sight briefly, to see his short life, he would likely never even notice the intrusion. Would never realize how ineffectual his defiance had actually been. Likely he would continue on with his life, too confidently believing himself the victor in their minor scuffle of wills. Never realizing she did not need his permission to discover his name or any information he might have been privy to.

But she doesn’t need to do such a thing. Not yet at least. She has already seen enough to know how unlikely his having seen something useful would be. No, it is not the past she is interested in, but rather the future.

Instead she stares at him, one corner of her lips tilting into a faintly amused smile. Her eyes are steady, uncompromising, as she settles a short distance from him, head tilting slightly as she makes herself comfortable. She had already offered her greeting. She is perfectly happy to wait for him to make his response, in his own time.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-11-2018, 05:05 AM
    RE: squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Heartfire - 10-11-2018, 02:44 PM