• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha

Let me apologize to begin with...

The stars have returned. I don’t remember exactly when, I just remember it was a terribly unlucky day. First, I lost my beautiful horn. Then, a sudden rain of burning rock had sent me scrambling for shelter. To be honest, the next little while is kind of a blur. I just remember hiding out in a cave in utter misery, trying my best to pretend the world didn’t exist. I mean, it kinda worked. A few others stumbled on me, but they left really fast after I accidentally pelted them with a few stars.

They were little ones, so like, maybe not as bad? Ok, it was bad, but sometimes I need to pretend things are better than they really are. Otherwise I might have jumped of a cliff a long time ago.

The only reason I didn’t is because I managed to figure out how to control them. A little bit. Just enough that I’m not starting fires all the time anymore. Only when I get super emotional. Or depressed. So it’s just easier to shove all those feelings deep inside and pretend they don’t exist. I’m even getting pretty good at it now.

It also kinda helps that I’d found a nice bit of rocky coast to live. Harder to start fires without a bunch of grass and lots of water around. Safer too, I suppose. And then when things get a little too bad, I just go for a swim. Once I got so far out I wasn’t sure if  I was actually gonna make it back. Wouldn’t have been the worst thing in the world. I mean, not like there’s anyone to miss me out there anymore.

It’s probably safer that I’m alone anyway. I don’t think I could take it if I accidentally hurt someone I care about.

But that’s enough depressing thoughts for one day. Maybe time for a swim? With a sigh, I amble towards the stony beach, idly kicking rocks as I walk by. I keep walking until the water reaches my knees. Then, with a grunt, I plop my large, brawny frame right into the salty waters. The waves lap against me, darkening the bright red of my coat to a deep mahogany. The water is cold, even in the summer, but I’m used to it. Better than the heat anyhow. Just means I’m not throwing flaming rocks around on accident.

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

@[Lilitha]

Messages In This Thread
    Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha - by Moment - 10-16-2018, 08:45 AM