• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all things are possible: Scorch
    There had always been a deeper understanding between them. Perhaps one of the many reasons her death had affected him so badly. But there is more to that understanding that a shared story, he thinks. More than just the surface similarities.

And so it worries him that she seems so uncomfortable now, as though she fears what she has to tell him as much as she needs to relieve the pressure from her chest. It is so uncharacteristic, so unlike the woman he has known his entire life. Surely nothing could be so terrible?

When the words tumble from her lips, Shah blinks. For a long moment, he stares at her, as though her words haven’t quite absorbed into his conscious. Whatever he had thought she might divulge, this certainly had not been it. Indeed, it takes him a moment to even recall Brennen. He knows him, of course, had met him briefly once upon a time, long ago. But that is where his knowledge of him ends.

Which, unfortunately, leaves him very little to go on when considering his mother’s revelation.

He doesn’t say anything immediately, his brow furrowing as he tries to sort his thoughts. Tries to consider the ramifications of her admission. Of what had happened to his father and where he fit into all of this. He had not seen him in some time, and perhaps there was more to that than met the eye. Though it is tempting to blurt every question he has at once, he refrains. Because, despite his confusion, his concern and love for his mother are much greater.

And the pain that she is trying so hard to conceal is not lost on him. Just as she had grown to know him well, so too had he grown to know her.

“Ma…” he starts haltingly, eyes dropping briefly as he tries to sort his words before returning his gaze to her. “I can’t say I understand. I think… there’s a lot more you’re not telling me. But you’re still my mom.” Unable to help himself, he steps closer and pulls her into a hug once more. Letting her know without words he’d always be here. “And I’ll always love you too.”

He holds her for a long moment. As long as she’ll let him. But when he finally steps back, his brown eyes are still shrouded, confused. “I think maybe you should start at the beginning.”
    All things are possible,
    shahrizai
    even the best of things.

Messages In This Thread
    all things are possible: Scorch - by Shahrizai - 10-26-2018, 04:48 PM
    RE: all things are possible: Scorch - by Scorch - 10-27-2018, 12:48 AM
    RE: all things are possible: Scorch - by Scorch - 11-21-2018, 01:12 AM
    RE: all things are possible: Scorch - by Shahrizai - 11-29-2018, 04:02 PM