• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And all that she intends, all she keeps inside.. [birth;any]
    fiasko
    The crowding appears to be making the mare uncomfortable and so Fiasko takes a step back, trying to give her a little more space.  She has to wonder what the mare has gone through, to end up looking like she does.  The more Fiasko looks, the more injuries she sees.  And the way Reuen speaks … so, disjointed.  The mare has been through something big.  

She is surprised when the mare actually reaches out to touch her, given Reuen’s uncertainty, and forces herself to pull away.  She is not a huge fan of being touched by those she does not know well, but Reuen needs their help and she does not want to startle her or make her feel uncomfortable.  “Yes, hate does hurt.  It can hurt a lot.”

She’s struck by an errant thought that they make quite the group.  All three of them (with the exception of Wichita’s beautiful little girl), have clearly been through some trauma in their lives.  Hopefully they can all help each other.  “Yes.  There’s no violence or hate here.  We are a peaceful kingdom, always have been.”  Even in Beqanna’s heyday the Gates had been a place of light and peace.  “Will you let us help you Reuen?  Will you let us take a look at your injuries?”  The mare has yet to answer and Fiasko wants does not want to get into her personal space without permission.  “We have a stallion here, who might be able to heal you if you are willing.”  She doesn’t know Jason’s skill with healing, but considering the kind of stallion he is (so kind and caring), she’s sure that he’d be willing to try.

Tioga speaks again, apologizing, though she still looks a little confused.  “It’s quite alright Tioga.  Here, take a closer look.”  She lowers her head so that the girl can peer in at the scar tissue.  “Do you see the pink skin?  That’s scar tissue, which means it’s an old injury.  Some scars look pink like mine, or they can even be white or black.  Reuen’s injuries are still open, however.  And there’s some old blood around them, which means they’re newer.”  She’s not really sure how much she should be explaining to the child, especially when she’s still so young.  But it might be good for her to be able to avoid such confusion in the future.  “And what your mother means is that it’s sometimes not very polite to ask after old injuries, especially if you don’t know the horse that well.”  Sometimes it’s not polite to ask after new injuries either, but Fiasko would often rather be rude in that situation, if there’s a chance of someone needing her help.  “But, I don’t mind at all.  I think it’s good to be curious!”

Wichita speaks up again and Fiasko nods her agreement.  “Yes, I agree.  We need his help.”  She raises her voice and calls out to the grey stallion.  Hopefully he will hear her.
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

@[Jason]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And all that she intends, all she keeps inside.. [birth;any] - by Fiasko - 07-29-2015, 04:01 PM