• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    jet black sky before the rain; Wolfbane
    I can almost imagine how this world will look in the springtime. The flowers that sprouted at Noah's feet would cover the land around us with miles of color instead of these endless snowy fields. It will be beautiful, a lovely place to raise a child. It is not the stone spires, where I had planned to build a new hideaway where our child could be born in safety. It is not Loess, but as I turn to breathe in the familiar scent of the approaching stallion, I am reminded that it does not have to be.

Bane is here, and that is enough. We will be a family no matter where we are.

"Always." I tell him with a matching smile.

The wing he places across me is cold, so I press nearer, hoping for less chill. I slide my own wing back so it rests, half-folded, across the rise of his back. The position is a familiar one, tucked close beside him, and I let go of a sigh that I had not really known I was holding.

His declaration of love comes as a surprise. Not for it's content - we have made no secret of our feelings - but for it's fervor. I'm not certain what has spurned it, but it has given me a more lighthearted opening to the conversation for which we are past due.

"That's good to know," I say into the stripes of his shoulder, where I resume my pastime of tracing the edges of his blue markings. "Especially since we'll need to split our affections soon." I wait for him to meet my gaze, where he'll find laughing blue grey eyes beneath a raised brow that dares him to ask more. Rather than give him the chance - to ask, or to worry - I add: "But we have a few more months before the baby comes. Maybe this -" a gesture to the world around us, this place that isn't home "- is our last hurrah before we settle down and become parents."

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: jet black sky before the rain; Wolfbane - by Lepis - 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM