• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  let that lonely feeling wash away; any
    let that lonely feeling wash away; maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay
    Splashing water is loud, and she’s so engrossed in her own game that she doesn’t hear even the clatter of hooves on Nerine’s occasionally rocky shores. She does hear her own name called and lifts her dark muzzle, and her eyes light up with excitement at the familiar face. “Qaen!” she calls back, feet going still momentarily, even as the jets of water behind her bounce every higher, fueled by her excitement. “Hi!” she giggles, too, as the water he stomps up splashes against her slim legs, and the rippling water distorts the brightly colored creatures in the puddle.

At his question, she leans in close, conspiratorially. “I was fighting seamonsters,” she confides in her brother, amber eyes sparkling in shared joy. “I beat the little one, but it’s big ugly uncle came to avenge him. Hey, do you want to help me? The water jets are the sea monster’s icky slime breath, so don’t get hit!” Blue leaps away from Qaen, leaping wildly over a low spurt of water and ducking under another as she goes scrambling into a different tidepool. “But don’t step on the starfish or the crabs! They’re good guys!”

As if to illustrate her point, she lowers her nose momentarily to snort at her own reflection, but when she clambers away, she’s careful not to step on a cluster of red and gold starfish clinging to the shallow side of her tidepool. Sitting nearly on her haunches she spins around to kick out at something only she can see, and takes off for the next tidepool.

Messages In This Thread
    let that lonely feeling wash away; any - by Blue - 11-06-2018, 08:50 PM
    RE: let that lonely feeling wash away; any - by Blue - 11-08-2018, 11:39 PM