• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    I think I found where I belong [any]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    The island is full of would-be claimers; so far he has found none other that wasn’t doing it for their own personal gain, however. Which means there is no backing down, unless his own would ask him to.

It can upset him how little they seem to care about others; even Camomila just wants a kingdom because she wants a second chance at leading, having apparently made a big mistake earlier, since she lost it - magic stolen, driven out. A leader who had not had enough backup, then, or not trusting her subjects enough, for things could probably have been different if she had.

Phasus is just a selfish brat; kicking out the sick because she’s scared for her own hide and nothing more; and that power-hungry gleam in her eyes of course tells him quite enough; if she gets to lead this place, he’ll start a fucking war, because he doesn’t want her as a neighbour.

Now the fourth, he doesn’t quite know yet - but if the power display and secrecy in the way of bringing messages is an indication - as well as the fact that it is a complete unknown who would, presumably, claim a land just because he could do it (as if three isn’t enough already) - he doesn’t quite trust him either. He has no reason to trust him, because the man didn’t take the time to introduce himself, or talk to those who have laid claim already and find out their motives - and so, to Leilan, it looks like his family’s well-being is at stake. Again.
    The man could be a newcomer or one of those ancients souls that frequent Beqanna - but in the latter case he has chosen a very convenient time to crawl out of his hole. No, he doesn’t trust that at all.

Like his father, he’s slightly over-protective. Like his mother, everything he feels gets multiplied by a thousand. Result? He’ll fight to death and beyond for those he cares about. Beyond is an option nowadays.

Jesper is one of those, his friend, might even say his best friend at this point. He’d willingly gone to Sylva to learn about them, at around the time Leilan had been stolen to Loess; Brothers by oaths sworn on Ischian soil, but more importantly in heart, for the things they’d been through had forged them both.

Leilan had sincerely hoped the dark times would be over now; but after all that happened, there had been exactly one season of relative ease - last autumn.

Now this.

So Jesper is a little light in the dark, even if he did absolutely nothing. Lowering his own head to eye level with the arctic foxes, his eyes gleam more aqua and green as the bronze-tipped canine makes figure-eights, his soft fur nearly getting stuck in his own black-scaled lower legs and feathering. ”We could use a little more warmth and softness around here, I think.” The comment is more serious on a deeper level, and his eyes are a dark blue in the blink of an eye. He then regards the nameless fox, and snorts. ”Keep your secrets if you must.” It doesn’t get appreciated - Leilan’s seen the hoofprints, and he has yet to meet a nameless horse.

The nameless fox asks about the Brotherhood and Nerine, but the scaled roan gives him a literally icy stare, a calculating look to his face. Nice. Let’s all just barge in on things and threaten the neighbouring kingdom without asking questions. The thought is thick with sarcasm, and if he’d known this is the same stranger that had crawled out of a hole to lay a fourth claim to the land that was nearly worked out into dual leading (together they would have been able to get Phasus to move elsewhere), he might have added a shovel more icy irony on top of it. ”It’s called combining forces.” he says rather neutrally. Krakens and Leviathans; Brothers and Amazons. Ischia and Nerine had been sister kingdoms so long, it all made sense. But even their combined force could not claim total immunity from the Plague - Brennen would have to work day and night to protect or heal everyone. That’s too much to ask. Those who want to should be able to move here.

So he’d laid claim. This is his new home. And it’s going to be safe for his family to visit and stay here. Pride, even though he has a lot, has nothing to do with it.

The irony is that he would have let anyone in. But then they’d become a threat. Backed into a corner, a cat makes weird movements.

A stubborn dragon perhaps is even worse.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I think I found where I belong [any] - by Jesper - 11-06-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-07-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-08-2018, 01:34 AM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Leilan - 11-08-2018, 04:45 AM