• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

When he leans into her, she is afraid the sound of his near-silent cry is going to split her apart. She can do nothing but hold him, her blue neck wrapped around his golden own. It wasn’t the reaction she had anticipated, and even if Chryseis was more reckless and chaotic than most girls, there was something far more vulnerable that she harbored inside. Rhaegor always seemed to find it, without any effort; it was part of the reason she found him infuriatingly irresistible. He was, perhaps, the only one besides her family, that she felt safe displaying all of her sides.

Her muzzle rests against the top of his neck, murmuring gently to him until his emotions subside and he slips away. Her dark, usually bright brown eyes are far softer than they have ever been, watching him with worry and confusion. There is a part of her — the untrusting, suspicious part of her — that wonders how sincere this is. She cannot stop thinking about how transfixed he had been by Ivy, and how Kensa arriving with another male had been enough to send him away. Even with him pressed against her, with her heart beating in his ear, she cannot ignore the doubt that is hiding in the back of her mind.

But when his lips touch hers, it vanishes, and she is thankful that he can’t hear the way it makes her heart skip a beat before settling into a racing, fluttering pace. He doesn’t even realize the hold he has on her, that he could ask her for absolutely anything and she wouldn’t resist.

When he begins to speak, it brings the smallest of smiles to her face. She had missed his quiet, hardly-used voice, and she had learned to cherish his words since they didn’t come often. A slender ear flicks towards him, the swift breeze almost ripping his words away, and she takes a step closer to ensure she doesn’t miss any of it. With her brown eyes locked with his she listens, and once again she can feel tears making their way back in. ”Of course I forgive you,” and this time it is her turn to press against him, her chest against his as her delicate head lays across his shoulder. Here, without him able to see her face, the tears leave a trail down her cheeks, wetting against his skin. Her body shudders in an attempt to chase them away, and when she speaks, her throat is aching, burning from the effort. ”I’m the fool. I thought...”Her words cut short, unable to finish, and she clenches her jaw to will away the tears that are now collecting in the strands his mane.

She pulls away, and even though her eyes remain watery, new tears do not fall, as she levels her gaze with his and admits weakly, ”It was naive of me to think I was the only one with your attention. I never even had the right to be mad.” Her eyes close for a moment, ignoring how it hurt to admit that painful truth. She doesn’t doubt that there is something mutual simmering between them, but she realizes now that it likely wasn’t reciprocated in quite the same way. She was, unmistakably, his. But she doesn’t think she will ever be the only one calling him hers. ”I’m sorry, too.”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis - by Chryseis - 11-26-2018, 02:17 AM