• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the graveyard follows the trail of the flame; any

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Tephra is safe, enough, and he finally feels comfortable enough to venture forth.

He wakes as the sun is barely beginning to crest the horizon, the island still swathed in dark and dusk. A frown touches his brow as he looks out over it, knowing that he was leaving the only comfort he had in a moment like this to strike forth into places where safety was not guaranteed. He knew that it was likely that he would contract the disease in his travels. It was unlikely that he would be able to save himself from it, but he felt no fear. He had never been interested in saving his own hide while forsaking his family and today was no different. Now that Tephra was stable, he needed to see what was beyond her borders.

So he rises to his feet, shaking himself free of the dust and soil, and looks for those who had wanted to travel with him. When it is settled, when he feels confident that he is leaving Tephra as safe as possible, he turns his nose to the border and begins to make his way through the island. 

There is more land for him to cover than he can wrap his mind around, but he chooses to start with the North.  It has been a long time since he had made his way to these forests, but it is not difficult for him to find the way. He walks slowly, finding the path as he goes, the warm winds beginning to fade to a more temperate spring as Tephra bleeds away. When he finally reaches the border, he pauses, lifting his head for a moment and then letting loose a low, throaty call for whoever might be here still.

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    the graveyard follows the trail of the flame; any - by magnus - 11-23-2018, 05:44 PM