• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    cotton-candy clouds; pteron
    Feeling rather pleased at having scared her, Pteron does his best to wink. He's seen Dad doing it to Momma a few times and it always made her smile, so the pale coat attempts to do the same for Wander.

He looks like there might be some dust in his left eye, instead. Perhaps charm will come with age. Pteron is unknowingly fortunate that his companion is a girl who is probably as inexperienced with adult communication as he is. She asks why he can't turn back and he shakes his head. His mane is flipped down into both eyes; he can feel it. It doesn't obscure the dun colt's vision like visible hair does, so he leaves it where it lay.

"I can't control it yet, but I will someday. My dad says it just takes a lotta practice. So maybe if you practice real hard too you'll be invisible when you want to, too!"

About halfway through this explanation, Pteron becomes visible again. He can't see himself, of course, so he has no idea. He does realize, however, the the world has become suddenly dark. This does startle him and his head jostles ever so slightly (even with an instinctive 'freeze' response to danger), just enough to shake away a bit of his mane.

Hair still covers some of both eyes and once he realize what has happened, the winged colt quickly shakes his head back so that his vision is unobscured. He catches sight of his rather unkempt wings as he does, with soft blue, pale cream, and cloud white feathers sticking at odd angles. He shrugs - what young boy cares especially much about hygiene? - and turns back to Wander.

"I'm Pteron," he tells her, knowing that he is identifiable as something more than a disembodied voice. Momma had said that he doesn't have to introduce himself to anyone unless he is visible. He's visible now. "What's your name? Do you live here too? I've never met anyone else who lives here." This is almost true. He knows everyone who lives here, but has never met them. He follows Momma and Dad when they aren't watching, ventures to the best areas for chatting and eavesdrops on intimate conversations. All while invisible, of course, getting to know the rest of the residents of the pampas without them ever having laid eyes on him.

@[Wander]

Messages In This Thread
    cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by wander - 11-24-2018, 02:13 PM
    RE: corton-candy clouds; pteron - by Pteron - 11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by wander - 12-03-2018, 09:17 PM
    RE: cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by Pteron - 12-09-2018, 10:30 AM
    RE: cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by wander - 12-22-2018, 04:50 AM
    RE: cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by Pteron - 12-29-2018, 12:53 PM
    RE: cotton-candy clouds; pteron - by wander - 12-30-2018, 12:13 PM