• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i feel a bad moon rising - anyone
    With Pteron off to play in the shallow creek (and explicit instructions to not go farther north than the big boulder or farther south than the willow copse), I have the afternoon to myself. I had watched without complaint as my husband took to the skies, off to our all but empty home.

I remain here, safe in the tall grasses, surrounded by strangers.

Where is Delta now, I wonder? Had he returned to Sylva? What if he were struck by the Plague while travelling? I have not yet seen a victim of the contagion, so secluded have I been here in this refuge. How bad is it, really? Enough that my husband insists we remain here, enough that I have never considered leaving.

But to not leave means to stay in this quiet little land, and boredom has long since settled in. With a sharp snort I make a decision. From my standstill I am at a sudden gallop, the wind streaming in my navy mane and between the feathers of wings I keep tucked tightly to my sides. I am not the fastest creature, not with my short stature and lack of endurance, but there is only one way to make up for that.

I have been running for a few days now, and though at first the ache in my lungs and burn in my legs had been agony, I have pushed through. I had been fit once, before my pregnancy, and I will be fit again. I crest a hill and see a flash of silver that I know to be the stream, but my pace does not slow. I run and run until I can see the sea, and only then do I draw to a halt, blowing and steaming and feeling - at last - like I have done something worthwhile with my time.

@[Anyone]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 11-26-2018, 07:46 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Noah - 12-07-2018, 08:33 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 12-08-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Noah - 12-22-2018, 06:50 PM