• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||
    Nyctelios

Don't look at me, I'm only breathing. Don't look at me, I'm indiscreet.

I don’t why but it’s like I’m wearing a second skin. Like even if I move my leg, and it moves- I’m not the one truly moving it. I can feel the muscle stiffen and the bones aching from exhaustion; but I’m not sure it is really my exhaustion. I haven’t moved much after all- Mother and my Fathers, oh… they don’t seem to like it when I wander.

But I’m not wandering?

Someone else is!

I can feel them, I’ve always felt them. They’re a voice and a pulse: a ghost in my own flesh. I wonder if their legs are moving… is that why I’m so tired? Why I feel excited and scared… why I feel like something is wrong?

Are they moving.

“No!” I bark, my voice struggling in the haze and cloud- emotions swirling in the way colors do in oil. “Please.” I beg the ghost. “Wait… is it you? Brazen.”

I know them, I know their heartbeat: their pulse, I know their every thought and I know every emotion that brews in their very mind and colors the fibre of their being.

In the same way that I know all this, like I said- they know mine.

The fear, the anguish: all the pain and frailty I have- I’m pent up and frustrated… I want to explore, to see the world. I want to know what the outside looks like; but this ghost?

Someone has taken my ghost… my second skin, they’ve brought somewhere and I am anxious about it. I’m frustrated I can’t do anything and I want to know they’re real; but fuck… I don’t know.

They’re moving their legs: there are others. I can’t feel them; but they can… Brazen can.

Warmth, love- tenderness; but a visceral and jealous need and want to fight: to protect. I wonder what they look like, I wonder if they’re even real.

“Are you real?” I ask, I remember, after all, my first touches of this person. A mutable thing, emotions rapid and vivid. “Of course you are… sorry.” I whisper it, weaker, I’m tired after all.

“You don’t like him- whoever it is… Brazen? Where are we? I see a cave… some rocks, the ocean: I think there’s some frost still on the ground but it’s warmer now. You feel different, you’re not home…” I’m trying to be mindful of my invasiveness, but, I can feel them.

I try, try so hard to think of methods to comfort them; but I’m just imagining the rocky beaches of the Cove: the stretches of mountain in the distance and all the grey of the ocean. I shive, I’m cold; but I’ve left the cave and I try again.

Scared as I am, I feel tranquility and serenity: peace in the sound of the tide and in the feeling of my own body touched by seawater. I want us to relax: Brazen and I… they need a rock, that’s it.

I will be the rock.

@[Brazen] Your headfriend is here. OOC Note, he's actually only a telepathic/empathetic presence in Brazen and is not physically here.
    PVP: On
    Severe Injury, Permanent Mutilation, and Death Permitted.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by Nyctelios - 12-05-2018, 01:55 AM