• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||

cold in the violence after the war
    hope is a fire to keep us warm

He’s there in her head still, just like he has been since the very beginning. It’s comforting to know he would be there with her at least. Even if she’s not entirely certain he’s real. Maybe he is. He asks if she’s real, which is silly if he’s not. “Of course I am!”

No need to worry Daddy with it though. He couldn’t hear him, and she didn’t want to remind him about her head friend. It bothers him, she thinks.

Briella nuzzles her forelock a little then, making her forget for a moment about her grumbly belly. She bumps her poll affectionately against her chin. Even if she did maybe (maybe) get a little jealous sometimes, she’s still her sister and Brazen would still love her, she supposes.

Pressing closer to Dad once more, she ducks her head and peers around them. She can see the cave and the rocks and the water even though that’s definitely not what she sees here. Now that she’s actually paying attention, she can grudgingly admit it’s kinda nice. Vibrant greens and brilliantly colored flowers surround them, rolling hills all carpeted in bright, lovely foliage. She tries to share that with Lio. Maybe it would make him happy to see something beyond the gloom and gray of the seaside cave. “I dunno. Daddy said we had to go with this dumb gray man. I don’t like it.”

She’s distracted when the aforementioned stallion speaks, introducing them to a little filly that can’t be much older than her. Brazen pins her ears briefly at the stallion again, before turning her attention to the girl next to him. Her ears creep forward once more as she eyes her with wary curiosity despite her determination to be upset with everyone here.

When a new stranger arrives, Brazen straightens beside Dad, blue eyes jumping to the winged stallion. Dagen announces that Dovev is their father as Brazen narrows her eyes at the newcomer. But when it becomes clear he’s with Vulgaris, her ears flatten against her crest as she pushes under Daddy’s neck to better glare at him. Pressing against his chest, she scowls at Wolfbane as his attention shifts to Briella.

When he threatens to send her away however, she does not like it one little bit. Snorting, she levels her neck and charges forward a few steps as though her rather small stature might be anywhere close to intimidating. “That’s my sister!” she shouts protectively. “She’s under Momma’s protection too!” She snorts again, one hind hoof stamping in agitation as she scowls at him, the gears in her mind turning as she chews over what he’d said. “I’ll tell Momma you didn’t treat us like family if you send her away,” she threatens impetuously with a huff. “I bet if Momma were there when he took us she’d yell at you really bad.”

Honestly, she’s not sure her childish threat would bother him much. But he had said anyone under Momma’s protection was supposed to be treated like family, and Briella is family no matter what anyone says. And really, her mother getting mad and yelling is about the worst thing she can think of at her tender age.

Brazen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by Brazen - 12-10-2018, 01:00 PM