• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches with something of mischievous contentment behind his eyes, gaze lazily drifting to Dagen when he explains that Dovev is their father. Vulgaris briefly wonders if he would ever bring Adna and Sabbath along if he had been stolen and Leliana was nowhere close, but he thinks that the girls would follow him regardless. They inherited his stubborn nature and the thirst for adventure he had as a child, much to his dismay. But the roles are not reversed and he can remain easily amused at the turn of events for now.

But then Wolfbane speaks and he tilts his head at the intolerance of the children’s presence. Was he simply trying to push buttons? Sabbath furrows her brows in confusion at all the words and glances up at Vulgaris, noting the corners of his lips still coiled into a comfortable grin. Her emerald eyes drift back to the king as she listens carefully to the issue at hand. But Dovev answers only Vulgaris instead, which summons a light laugh from the depths of his broad chest.

I don’t really mind either way, but I’m not the authority on that matter,” he answers with a light shrug before casting a glance to Wolfbane once more. Perhaps it could be fun to let the hordes of children gather here in the safety of the Pampas, he thinks. He certainly couldn’t allow his girls to make new friends at the playground as they might have before, so this strange scenario offered a good opportunity to bring their childish games and antics here for now. But he says none of this. He’s not one to make demands of his friend.

Both pairs of sage green eyes turn to Brazen when she speaks up, demanding respect. Sabbath blinks and searches the other girl’s face, examining her anger eagerly. But there is a new face of anger to pick apart shortly after, an older woman scowling and seething as she approaches. The tiny girl presses tighter to her father’s side but he simply leans down to kiss her forehead.

You are greater than any enemy you might face, Sabbath. You have no reason to fear,” he reassures her in a soft whisper. She nods slowly, but remains tucked against him all the same. It will take time to forge her confidence, he knows. His gaze returns to Heartfire, still smiling and entirely thrilled with how things continue to unfold for him.

No one stole any children, but you may assume all that you like. They’re free to leave with you just as they’re welcome to stay. Perhaps you would have preferred if we demanded Dovev abandon them?” he asks, glancing at Wolfbane with a shrug. His grin blooms to a full smile when she mentions war though and he tries to stifle his delight just a bit. He knows very well that she is no queen and has no power to declare war, as much as she might stomp her feet and yell.

Dovev is also free to leave the moment he apologizes to Leliana. Two little words and your family is all on their way back to.. where ever you’re going,” he says, pointed teeth all glimmering. Sabbath watches him, intrigued by this side of her father as he stands tall in the face of the angry woman. She supposes that only her mother could make him wilt or hang his head in shame.
    @[Wolfbane] is next, i think? sorry if i'm wrong!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by vulgaris - 12-31-2018, 02:54 PM