• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  One foot toward the gallows || Titus, Diplomats ||

My dreams have all come true

Wolfbane hoped that the silence stretching after Titus’ answer would lead to more, that the younger pegasus might weigh his options and choose to open himself up a little. They’d been flying for a good bit now, sinking lower from necessity as Bane could feel the hot ache of tiredness spreading between his shoulders, but the uncomfortable quiet following those last words - Nerine was his home - was an awkwardness belonging to Titus alone.

Up here in the sky with Brilliant Pampas far behind them, they became equals in the striped leader's mind. No one was watching them or expecting anything, the bulk of Loess members seemed to have settled into their second home well enough … Bane himself wasn’t expecting anything more to come of his question than what Titus had told him, so when his counterpart speaks up again the golden Pirate tilts his eyes down to focus. 

What the younger horse tells him is interesting enough to hold his attention.

First, he knew the mare Titus was speaking about. Despayr had been consort to Arthas, the topic of their bawdy conversations many times when he and the old gray had gotten together for a training exercise. Arthas had often complained that his needs outweighed what any one female could give him, and seemed to grow more disappointed over the years as his multiple conquests gave birth to girls or didn’t give birth at all. He could fathom that Despayr’s steal might’ve been a useless effort to try and keep herself in Arthas’ good favors.

But she, along with every mare the dappled gray seemed to find in his travels, never managed to last long. Only Lepis and Rey had kept his mentor interested and both had outlived him, leaving questionable heirs in the wake of his death: Delta, Lothar, and of course Mary. “This may sound a bit harsh but whatever reason she had for doing it, I’m glad she did.” Wolfbane speaks up, keeping the conversation alive while matching Titus smile for smile. “I should be in Tephra now, following my father’s footsteps. Ran away though.” He chuckles, banking past redwood tops in order to coast lower.

Nerine stretched out before them, bitter and wild. “Loess had more to offer me, obviously, and now it’s in my power to offer you more.” The bulky pegasus grunts out, twisting his wings to flush them forwards and slow his descent, before clipping sharply into the ground at a trot. “You think before acting, you’ve turned your captivity into honor - I’d be an idiot not to promote you.” Wolfbane says, halting. Shaking out his neck and glancing over one shoulder, the drake asks “Will you think about taking on leadership, Titus? I want you as head of War or Peace, whichever one interests you the most.” Shifting sideways to make room for the other male. 

He didn’t need an answer right away, considering the plague and upset of Kingdoms. Titus had some time to mull things over before they moved back to Loess, and Wolfbane certainly felt better about his relationship with the secretive, spotted horse.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Titus] moved the thread for obvious reasons; open to any diplomat or Nerine character!
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    One foot toward the gallows || Titus, Diplomats || - by Wolfbane - 11-30-2018, 05:15 PM