• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  One foot toward the gallows || Titus, Diplomats ||

Eurwen
    in the winter, far beneath the bitter snows
    The small smiles she gets are encouraging, enough that the tiny kitten girl does as her grandmother now says, lining up alongside her with stolen glances around her leg to the others who have gathered. The two men are winged, and her eyes trail along their feathers, unsure if she is fascinated or scared.

Most of the words elude her, she doesn’t know of any changes because when she was born the world was like this. Parents separated by a small canal, but that’s easy enough for them (not the girls, not yet) to swim. She doesn’t know any better, simply put. But she is subconsciously aware of other foals growing up without a Papa at all, and when the younger (still huge and old) stallion talks about having been separated from his family, she peeks from under Scorch’s belly to him. Has he not grown up with either of them? How come?

But her mouth closes when others talk, and she pulls her head back to the other side of her grandmother; her wide eyes now take in yet another winged mare, though this one smells of Nerine. Curiously, she listens to Scorch introducing her to the rest. Who’s this then? Not family, but yet of Nerine? Interesting,

lies the seed that with the sun's love
    in the spring becomes the rose

@[Wolfbane] omg I held this thread up for nearly 2 weeks I am SO sorry (and I am happy it’s holidays so everyone is slow, lol)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Titus, Diplomats || - by Eurwen - 12-27-2018, 11:10 AM