• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the way you kiss me will work each time // Kharon

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time
    calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia on my mind

His chance encounter with Auroraelis had resulted in benefits he'd thought impossible, before; due to his rapidly declining health, the three year old had delusionally believed that the plague had no cure, and that he may very well have been dying. When the healer gently pressed herself to his skin and released her magic into the sickly pores of his skin, Rhae had at first felt nothing; the suppression of his symptoms came slowly, but once it did, gratitude swelled in his breast.

Standing on the western coast of Tephra beneath the shadow of the great volcano, Rhae wishes that he could find the kindly peacock mare and thank her. As if to encourage him, the wind suddenly picks up and lifts the remainder of the boy's healthy feathers, consequently sending a shiver down his spine, too. It's been ages since he flew... Craning his neck, Rhae inspects first one wing and then the other, preening and pulling out dead feathers until only healthy ones remained. He'd lost about ten percent of his total feathers due to the contagion, though they'd started growing back since he met Aurora.

Feeling brave, foolish, and somewhat healthy for the first time in months, the stallion decides to go for a flight. If he finds his healer friend, he will be sure to descend and thank her; if not, it will still not be a waste of time. The summer sun warms his back and lends his muscles and mind the strength needed to begin his flight; snorting, Rhae trots west, towards the coast. When a particularly smooth patch of earth stretches before him, he unfurls his wings and gives as powerful a push with his haunches as can be mustered, given his disheveled state.

It takes longer than usual, but in the end, he does it, flying low in the air and grinning. Triumph looks good on his handsome face.

More at ease now that he could rely on the warm drafts to keep him afloat as he glided, Rhae momentarily scanned the Tephran soil before decisively heading west. He's yet to explore the newly surfaced islands which are Tephra's neighbours, and the white sand beaches of Island Resort look unbelievably tempting to his sore muscles and chilled blood.

The flight ends quickly, but as his hooves strike against the new land's sand, Rhaegor's breath escapes him. Trembling somewhat, the pegasus lowers his head to better open his airways, ears falling lamely to the side as he looks glazedly at the white granules before him. Perhaps today will be less about exploration, and more about naptime.

Rhaegor

@[Kharon]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    the way you kiss me will work each time // Kharon - by Rhaegor - 12-06-2018, 04:03 PM