• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Adna;
    dovev

"Don't tell me you came all this way for a nap."

He knew that voice. The sun painted her in shadow as it hid behind her, but he'd know that voice, had committed to memory, burned into him to never forget. His cracked lips peeled up in a small smile. Adna. She'd found him despite his terrible failure in getting to her. Which meant she was likely alone.

Good.

"Only if you're joining me in it," he slid to her in a thick, sultry voice, dark eyes glittering with mischeif. He didn't expect her to understand, and moved on without waiting to see.

He heaved himself up to his elbow and sighed, jerked his chin at her to c'mere and join him. "Come stay for a while. If you have time." He'd missed her. Hadn't even had the chance to come check on her as he'd intended. Life didn't seem to want to slow down long enough to allow him to. "I meant to see you before now. And not like this." But she was a good thing in this.

"I'm glad I get the chance now."

He wasn't aware of how much or little she knew of the circumstances, but he didn't really hide his displeasure in having to be here against his will. Or as much against his will as his casual nature was allowing him. Roll with the punches kind of guy, really. Here he was. Was he supposed to cry about it? Nah.

"How have you been?" She'd grown, that much was obvious. Had her damn momma's gorgeous face that pinched his heart, couldn't look away from. Different eyes, though. Her dad's. He hated that, but they couldn't be changed, now could they?

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 05:13 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 06:08 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-21-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-22-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-30-2018, 03:49 PM