• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Adna;
    dovev

He grinned quietly as she settled in next to him, cracked lips spreading painfully. He reached to brush her affectionately with his blackened velvet nose, touching over her jawline as her head tilted. She laughed softly, telling him, "I have all the time in the world usually."

She fell silent and he watched her peer out to the sunset as she continued. He didn't like that she'd wondered if he'd come back, but he can't blame her. Of course he would come back. She just hadn't gotten the chance to know him well enough to be more confident in it. But she would. He frowned thoughtfully, wondering at why she hadn't had her family all here in a while. Unless she meant Leliana. She was often out healing complete strangers, he figured.

That was her thing. And he had no logical reason to feel a possessive jealousy about it either.

Adna leaned against him and relaxed, and once again he was brushing his muzzle over her in soft caresses. If only she were more like her mother. Not scaled. Not those eyes. She bumped him, her voice softer after she'd told him that she was okay and she was glad her mom was home again.

"I was worried about you too." He gave a small shake of his head and shrugged it off. No need to worry about him. Or no point, rather. He was guaranteed to die, it was what he was made for, the only unknown was when and by who. She bumped his neck and he turned to her, black eyes soft on her beautiful face. "You should let mom heal you soon."

He sighed and gave her cheek a playful nudge just because he could, his voice a little clipped. "I'll be fine. She shouldn't be near me." This was torture being here. If not for her, at least for him. All he ever did was hurt her. "You either, really. But I'm selfish and I needed to see you again." He was pretty much the worst and she'd figure it out eventually whether he wanted her to or not.

"She seems happy at least," he added quietly, the edge in his voice lost completely and dull now.

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 05:13 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 06:08 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-21-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-22-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-30-2018, 03:49 PM