• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether

bitterness is thick like blood and cold as a wind sea breeze
    if you must drink of me, take of me what you please

There is a touch of amusement in his eyes, the creature of shadow and darkness’ thoughts beginning to press into his own consciousness. Woolf has never been a particularly attached creature. He recognizes that his power runs on his connections, but they are vast and far-reaching—the benefits of being connected to ever-expanding families on both sides of his family tree. The only soul that he has truly ever tied himself to, permanently, has been that of his full-sister and it’s not something that he believes Ether could truly understand. What lives between him and Bright is not just familial companionship.

In so many ways, they are one.

Her magic feeds into him and his into her.

Her breath fills his lungs. Her aches touch his bones.

No, not even his half-siblings could reach such a thing.

Still, they are some of the closest ties he has to his family, and thus his power source, and although he is a mostly apathetic creature, he is not entirely cruel. His eyes spark a little as the stallion steps back, as he stretches the darkness, the shadows morphing under his control. A muscle jumps in Woolf’s jaw but he doesn’t hesitate, doesn’t show any sign of wariness. Instead he simply follows, moving through the door so that he can feel the sea breeze and taste the salt on his tongue before his eyes adjust to the light.

When they step through, the shadows collapse and before he knows it, his hooves leave the soft soil of the riverbanks for the harder cliffs overlooking Nerine’s many oceans. A kingdom he had promised to help although he had never deigned to lay his head there. Another thought for another day. For a second, Woolf looks to his brother, studies him and then shifts, looking for the reason he was called here at all.

woolf

I am loathed to say it's the devil's taste

@[Insane], i figured we could just pick it up here!

Messages In This Thread
    storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether - by woolf - 12-12-2018, 12:33 AM