• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether

She had left Breckin only moments earlier, intending to return to her children when her casually flung sight finds them. She would’ve called Ether, but it seems she has no need. And somehow, he’d managed to find Woolf. He must know she’d been searching. If she were kinder, she might have given him the benefit of the doubt. But she is not, and she doesn’t doubt he must know she had nearly died. As awful and crowded as her children’s birth had been, even she recognizes the fortuitous arrival Leliana and Cress is all that had saved her from the ravages of plague and pregnancy.

He should hope then, that when he called on her to uphold her end of their bargain, his need is not dire.

Still, he is here now, holding on to the very tattered edges of their agreement. But it is enough, she supposes. Even she could recognize that, no matter her displeasure. She says nothing, however, merely drawing to a halt before him. Her gaze flicks briefly to Ether, motionless and silent in the lean shadows he’d brought them through. Her lips curve faintly, the slight smile the closest she would come to sisterly affection in such a moment. Still, it is far more recognition than she demonstrates in most situations.

When her gaze turns back to Woolf however, her features are once more cool and remotely pleasant. She is still on the thin side, a faint, barely noticeable rasp in her breath. Subtle evidence of the plague that continues to afflict her. Her posture is strong and sure however, refusing to betray any note of weakness. She stares at Woolf for a long moment, gaze inscrutable before she lifts her chin slightly and offers him a greeting. “So, you’ve finally deigned to come. Am I to assume then, that you have not forgotten me?”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether - by Heartfire - 12-13-2018, 04:52 PM