• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat
    We were gone. Away from the cliff, from that harsh rock that had housed us for so long. All of us were thin, for one reason or another. My skin and bone child, too weak to stand for long. How she'd hung on this long, I didn't know. Maybe the same way I had clung to life, and defied the dark god in his summons. Long enough to stand here in the fading sunset and wonder what had happened, that this was my life now. 

For a moment it was hard to fend off the urge to roll in grass, or to find the nearest free flowing stream and submerge myself in it. It was wonderful just to feel something other than hard stone beneath my feet. Out was remarkable, the way the world suddenly felt so much better just with this change of view. The cliffs still stood in sight, looming over the sea like waiting giants. Black outlines against the paling pinks and deepening blues of the horizon. Beautiful, he'd said. Back on Nerine's mainland I felt more inclined to agree with the assessment. 

Turning to the man nearby, I tilted my head in consideration. Castile, dragon and stallion, black and white, fury and tenderness. He was a walking conflict, and perhaps that had something to do with how we saw each other. What could I say, to make things right between us? To make him stay? Glancing back at the dull form of my daughter, I turned back to him, stepping hesitantly closer. The marks of illness were stark on him, even in his reptilian form, and it scared me. "Talk to me, Cas?" I suggested softly, watching the sharp lines of his face for some sign that he needed me even a fraction as much as I had needed him. 

"You wanted to keep me hidden forever, and I couldn't let you do that. But I'm not going to vanish into thin air either." Even as I said it, I wasn't sure if it was true. There was a part of me that wanted to escape still. I wanted to go home, and didn't know where home was. Maybe I needed to disappear, if it would help me figure out that piece of self. Please give me a reason to stay. I pleaded silently, hoping something in him would hear. 

@[Castile] ~liquids time~

Messages In This Thread
    Holding you close feels like a cut throat - by Sabra - 12-12-2018, 09:32 PM