• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat
    A hoarse sigh trickles from my nostrils, bitter breath and heart sickness mingling without words. Sick as he is, Castile still holds the beauty and power bestowed on him by blood. Fire had burned between us briefly enough, seared his name into my soul with the intensity of his. Too fast, too hot. Too soon gone. My jaw splits wide again, and this time I find the words. 

"What do I want? What I've always wanted, Cas. A home. That's all I've ever sought." Simple enough, yet I've been denied at every turn. Dull-eyed, I look into the distance, watching the last of the light fade from the ether. Tattered and torn a pair as we are, I'd like to think that this is the light in which we look our best. Less tired, more vibrant, beings of fire and air that shimmer in the light of death. Poetic, maybe, but impractical. 

Shaking myself from reverie, a half smile twists my lips delicately. "When I was little more than a child, with dreams of grandeur and brilliance, I thought the man who spoke my name in tones of flattery would give me the world. Make it my home. By the time I wised up and left, I held Klaudius' son inside me, and found myself alone in Sylva's woods. I was given the chance to make that my home, and home to others, but I wasn't strong enough to- to hold it." My voice broke faintly over the phrase, fractured memories choking the air from my lungs. 

Teeth gritting against each other until my jaw felt that it might shatter, I continued. This was my story, and he never heard it, though he had played his part. "I met you, and we introduced ourselves with passion and violence, and as dramatic as it was, it felt right. I thought I'd found home with you, with our boys." I let the words sit in the air, feeling no need to go on. He knew the rest as well as I did. As close as our bodies had been the last year, our spirits had grown more distant. I was a fool, perhaps, but not so much as to assume that he had put his life on hold while mine had been unknown. Scents he carried were unfamiliar and exotic, and told me all I needed to know. He was trying to move on, and perhaps I should follow his lead. 

Blue as the winter's sky, my eyes seek his, try to divine the truth of his heart when I'm uncertain of the truth in mine. "What do you want?" I'm almost afraid to know. A flicker of my old flame kindles, a hint of warning in my voice with my own request. "In the form of the stallion, if you'd be so kind. I can't read you in this shape." I could tell well enough that he saw his draconic shape armor in more than one way, and hated that he felt the need to guard himself from me. When had everything changed?

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat - by Sabra - 12-20-2018, 01:41 PM