• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

His travels take him past Taiga, further north.

Although the summer heat persists, it grows thinner the further he goes, and his body becomes more and more unaccustomed to it. He has long since grown used to the heat of Tephra, the weight of the humidity that settles across his shoulders a homecoming that he loves deeply. Nerine does not have the same bitter bite that he is sure he will experience once he reaches the Isle above it, but it is cooler and he shivers slightly as a sea breeze lifts off the nearby ocean and washes across his lacerated shoulders.

He grins, despite the minor discomfort, and tilts his head to his latest companion.

The stallion is young but capable and Magnus has little doubt he will live up to that potential. “Rhaegor,” he says quietly as they travel, glancing at him out of the corner of his eye. “You have been doing well.” A soft laugh that rolls naturally off his lip, warming the air between them. “Not that I’m surprised.” After all, the boy had practically been bred for work like this—raised to be a leader, to take charge.

“You’ll be earning your first promotion when we first get back to Tephra.”

The first to become Beta. The first to take a title amongst the kingdom.

“I hope that you will consider working toward the advisory council. I could use strong men like you.”

Tephra needed souls like Rhaegor and Aysel and Jude and Ryatah. All of those who had been stepping up and taking charge, helping shepherd Tephra forward into the next chapter of Beqanna. Magnus doesn’t speak more of it though. Instead, he comes to a stop at Nerine’s border, lifting his head and letting loose a soft call for whoever still lived here, whoever risked the plague to keep its borders safe.

And then he waits comfortably for whatever is to come.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by magnus - 12-16-2018, 09:18 PM