• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could feel it all for you; Ivar or Carwyn
    He seems to have startled Kellyn, though from what he can’t imagine. There is no one else on the beach, and it is too early in the day for the strange glowing of the sea to have snared her attention. Whatever it had been, she doesn’t settle much even after recognizing him. So perhaps she’d not come here to find him after all. Her words confirm this; she’s here looking for her child. Ivar is ready to tell her there are no children here - at least, not children that are not his own – when she names the blue horse she is looking for.

The surprise in his face is quite clear. The kelpie has never bothered hiding his reactions to others; politeness is something that he simply doesn’t care about.

“Carwyn?” He repeats. The name of one of his consorts, a now-pregnant blue mare who Ivar realizes has more than a passing resemblance to the strawberry roan in front of him.

“She’s here,” adds the kelpie, who is faintly aware that this situation is somewhat more delicate than he had first suspected. Rather than fret, the blue dun stallion weighs his options. As long as the mother-daughter pair have no unexpected magics, Ivar sees no threat. He could keep them both here (Carwyn seems especially pliant). Perhaps they’ll even appreciate their shared life experiences. It’s rather nice of him to have brought them together like this, Ivar tells himself. Perhaps Kahzie’s horses aren’t as mean as @[Colby] thinks after all.

“Yes, Ischia is my home.” He answers, glancing down the beach as though to encompass the island. “Sunny and warm year-round,” he adds with a smile that is warmer than hers – though he is not put off by her hesitance. “Carwyn likes it here too. She thinks it will be a good place to raise our son.”

@[Carwyn]
    @[Kellyn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could feel it all for you; Ivar or Carwyn - by Ivar - 01-16-2019, 08:04 AM