• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

She's got the devil's eyes

She watches him almost idly, the dismissive way in which he continues to chew and swallow before acknowledging her, his almost disdainful irritation and casual disregard. Her grandson, it seems, thought he had her figured out. But she, of all creatures, knows the fallacy of such beliefs. It would take him more than a few meetings to discover everything she is and was. Even Dovev, who had traveled with her for years, could not claim to have done so. And he knows her perhaps better than anyone ever has. Still, it had taken him that long to find the one small chink in her armor that had ultimately allowed all of this to come to pass.

A faint smile touches her lips when he finally lifts his head to peer at her. She regards him silently until he finally speaks, his words stirring little reaction beyond the slight lift of one brow. On the surface, she could see how he might believe Dovev and his grandfather similar. But it was there those similarities ended. Still, she doesn’t try to correct the misassumption. “If your only aim is to insult me, I’m certain I can find better ways to spend my time,” she finally replies, though her tone is far more amused than irritated.

Everyone always loved to see the world in black and white. It is always so much more convenient that way. Neat and tidy, in a way life never is. But even as a child, she has always only ever been endless shades of grey. Even now, it would be a mistake to try and categorize her.

Perhaps one day he would know that, when he came to know her better. Perhaps he was upset she had not been to visit. But then, it is a two way door, one he could have just as easily have stepped through. He might have known then how difficult traveling might be for her while heavily pregnant and knocking on death’s door.

She can’t begrudge him for it though. They had been trying times for everyone, and he cannot keep tabs on her as easily as she can him. One of the many pitfalls of her ability. She can care for someone from a distance, and they would never know it.

After a moment of silence, she suggests unassumingly,, “Perhaps we start again?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 12-31-2018, 07:31 PM