• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sinner;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

There is no fire burning in his core, but he is still warm. Valdis melts into him, each second weighted with allure and increasing comfort. It’s startlingly quick how her heart flutters with the naivety of a child. Don’t be a fool, she tries telling herself, but then her eyes trace along the lines of his shoulder, neck, then face as he turns his head to look at her. This is what she has been afraid of. Folding into him, with their curves so perfectly complimented, opens a realm in her thoughts that she has spent months evading.

She has never known the touch of a man, and she reveled in the concept of being untouched. She was pure and belonged to no one.
    All of that collapses now because she not only nestles into Sinner, but she enjoys it and yearns for more. Against his skin, her breath is warm and level despite how her pulse quickens in his grasp.

You are truly something else, he mutters when his throaty chuckle has quieted. Valdis smirks. In her uncertainty (is he playing with her or is he speaking honestly?) she simply responds with an arrogant, ”I know,” before resting her cheek against his shoulder, basking in the attention he offers her. ”Queens aren’t impervious. I suppose I can handle her, if it ever comes to that.” There is already tension between the two women, so who is to say it will not escalate? Valdis will not stand down or cower in the face of opposition. It simply isn’t in her nature. There will be an interesting standoff if Mary ever steps between Valdis and her ambitions.

A breath catches in her throat when Sinner’s lips stray. They glide along her torso, feeling her, claiming her. Her mind yells for it to end, to step away, but her naïve, youthful heart anchors her in place. Drawn to him, Valdis allows him to skate across her entire being and memorize every muscle and curve. He already hooked her. There’s no way she is escaping this (but truthfully, she doesn’t want to anymore). As much as she didn’t want to fall into his trap, her susceptibility spiraled the moment she pressed into him, and now her mind is drunk with illustrious ideas. ”You know how to keep a girl interested,” she jests as he tugs on her mane and sets aside Sylva so that this moment – as surprisingly intimate as it is – may live another few minutes longer. ”My King,” she breathes, smiling as she tastes the words on her tongue, letting them simmer and tingle, ”do I sense a growing fondness?”

A hopefulness brews in her chest, but her mind continues reeling back to what he is. Torn, Valdis wonders if she has so easily lost her own game.

Valdis

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    sinner; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-16-2019, 03:59 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-22-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM