• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Indivar;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Valdis levels her eyes with an expression of neutrality. She isn’t a jubilant or excitable being; she, as her gaze aggressively rakes across him, is calculating as she weighs the situation. Naturally, her curiosity spurred her to bridge the gap between them, but her ulterior motive is to get recognition for her efforts. Despite a lavish childhood, Valdis has a fierce drive and sense of determination. With Mary’s judgmental eyes digging knives into her, Valdis has no choice than to apply herself and bask in her self-assurance and self-worth.

The stoicism of her pretty face, even as her thoughts almost drown her in the midst of her conversation, is lifted by the lightest of chuckles. ”One hell of a nap,” in the wake of her laughter is a coy grin as she considers him and the predicament he had found himself in. ”I’m sure you didn’t expect a little bit of sleep to be a binding contract.” When she draws in a lungful of air, she immediately detects the scent of their Whore Queen (a facetious name Valdis has thought of herself). ”You were so fortunate to have come across Mary then,” but she doesn’t add to this – not now – as she knows better than to anger the sovereignty when she remains so new.

Then again, she may have Sinner backing her.
    But that isn’t guaranteed.

With a nonchalant shift of her body weight and a ruffle of her wings, she offers her name rather plainly. ”Valdis.” The title to which shadowed her in Hyaline has receded since forfeiting her mother’s proposed offer. Instead of gaining immediate rank, the girl decided to forge her own path in a land she knows nothing about. It will be more exciting, she has told herself, but hasn’t yet determined the validity of her inner reassurances. ”I was bored and wandering around, to be quite honest.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Indivar]

Messages In This Thread
    Indivar; - by Valdis - 01-03-2019, 01:35 PM
    RE: Indivar; - by Indivar - 01-04-2019, 12:28 AM
    RE: Indivar; - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 08:15 PM