• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lead me into the dark and I shall follow; Any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

The solidarity and peacefulness, also, settle with Valdis. Hyaline had been so clustered, so turbulent with voices carries on every sigh of air. It’s difficult, typically, to stand out among so many. Although it was a simple feat for a princess, the ease of it dissipated as age matured her and led her away from mother’s teat. Nearly in the snap of a finger, Valdis has regressed from princess to… what? A mere resident? A nobody?

Instantly, her body bristles. She isn’t built to be so low in a hierarchy, to sit idle and allow the world to pass her by.

With a purpose in her step, Valdis roams the inner webbings of Sylva’s trees, memorizing the intricate details of the autumnal scenery and the lucid ponds that ripple when a single leaf kisses its surface. The serenity is a lullaby that could easily lull her into a sleep if not for the racing of her heart as she inwardly maps out her goals and expectations. With her frustration building, she almost welcomes a distraction as a means to settle herself down, to compose herself.

To see him resting – yet another male in their midst – is enough to reel her away from the shadows of her thoughts and relieve her. A breath fills her lungs and settles her down almost immediately. She waits – one heartbeat, then two and three – before stepping meticulously through the underbrush to stand in front of him. ”The boys here seem to always be tired,” a shrug ripples through her slender shoulders as a teasing grin lifts the corners of her mouth, ”or lazy.” Of course, she isn’t so honest as to mean this. The expression painted across her pretty face is enough to confirm that.

And then, as though an afterthought, she adds, ”I’m Valdis.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lead me into the dark and I shall follow; Any - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 09:21 PM