• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Kingdom Meeting I :: MANDATORY for All who plan to stay/join pls

this time I’m torn, please wake me if I lose that face
    search in these eyes: there’s still fire in the darkness

So it was done.

Following his removal, Castile was exiled for his violence as promised. The disruption to their sanctuary was unwelcome by all but a very select few, which itself was another confusion for her to settle. How on earth could they agree they all wanted a sanctuary and yet be so eager to accept a man like that with an entrance such as his was? The extreme opposite to what their sanctuary was and stood for. It made no sense at all, and she'd likely just have to reason it away that they were just idiots. What else could it be?

That was a minor issue at the moment, though. There were things far more important to straighten out and it would require a meeting. A real one. Her first one. Never in her damn life had she ever imagined she'd be in this position.

She stared at the retreating figure, counting her breaths. She could do this, she could do this. It was fine. It was probably temporary anyway. No big deal. They cleaned up the mess, and now they would settle this thing about leadership. Unless there was again no one else to make a stand for it. Then she would be staying on until they felt someone else was better suited for it.

God, she wished Ea was here. She wished Sabrael was here. She'd feel more steady with his quiet presence near.

Despite her reservations, she was not afraid of this. She turned and strode back to the gathering, her ice-rimmed brown eyes sharp and her steps once again clicking across thin sheets of ice underfoot. She halted before them. There may be more people here than before. Castile's group hadn't given them a reason to exile them as well and so they were welcome to stay should they choose to. As she made clear previously.

There was still quiet movement when she spoke up, the strangers following him out or settling to stay and the residents making their own choices to do the same as well.

"It is done," she said clearly, looking over their faces. "The sanctuary has been restored, thanks to all of us." Or, well. Most of them. But no matter. "Now that we have recovered, what would you like to see for the future?" She didn't look at Reilly directly when he returned to her side again, but she took an easier breath with his solid support, relaxed subtly. He was such a constant in her life, and she was so grateful to have him.

"Is there anyone else that would prefer to lead? If so, could you introduce yourself to everyone in case there are those that are unfamiliar with you and state why you feel like you'd be suited for it? That would help us feel surer of any decisions made." She glanced over them again, seeing that she was heard. Then nodded shortly and took a breath.

"I guess I'll start." Since she was currently in this position. "I'm Wallace. This is my family," she gestured to the majority of them that were present. "Reilly, Kirby, Kharon, Kali, Badden. My daughter Kylin and her two daughters also live here. We came from Ischia, where my children were born and raised and where Reilly and Kirby used to lead." Hell, where Tiphon once led, though he seemed a different man now.

"For our future, I'd like to see more parties or gatherings even if it's just among ourselves. It brings a sense of community that I think suits the sanctuary and feels welcoming to anyone wanting to visit and see if they'd like to stay with us. It also could help spread the word of our refuge to anyone unfamiliar with the designated safe lands that may be sick or know of someone that is sick and in need of some healing and comfort."

She stopped to give the stage to the next person so to speak, but a thought came to her and she threw it out there first in case it sounded more comfortable or more appealing to anyone. "If we'd prefer not having a sole leader among us, we could also discuss some kind of a committee." Then she fell quiet and waited.

Wallace

I don't like mandatory things but I think that has to be on there to make it official possibly? So despite her novel, feel free to make posts short and simple and she likely will after this one also lol

As stated in the takeover thread, Castile is exiled from Island Resort for one Beqanna year. His family/friends/etc are welcome to stay if they choose to. Everyone else is also welcome to stay or go, of course.

Propose any leadership changes (including leader vs. committee if they want to comment on that). Let them introduce themselves and if everyone also adds in a note every character they have that lives here, we can just count this as an ooc activity check as well. Two birds with one stone and such. Makes it easier on everyone :) Also if you have multiple characters here, feel free to just post one or write them in a single character's post if they want to be seen/heard etc.

Wallace
    Kharon
    Dustov
    Cimmerian
    Brightly
    Zynistra
    Dovev -- 
    Dagen -- these two may or may not be changing soon but prior to voting thing, they are both here so I'll count them unless/until that changes.

Messages In This Thread
    Kingdom Meeting I :: MANDATORY for All who plan to stay/join pls - by Wallace - 02-03-2019, 12:46 PM