• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and now the storm is coming in --
    Cosmos
    She has no claim on the land - does not quite desire one yet; but, she is intrigued, even if Eight is no match to her Yidhra. Cosmos cares for her Pangea, but knows not of leading it. Through studying it, though, she has her worth. Perhaps Eight will find that useful; for now, she will settle for a watchful eye and the same wondrous curiosity she offers all beings.

He speaks to her in age old tongue, wrapping her name around his mouth as if it was offered to him from the very beginning. Lavender and topaz eyes twinkle when she blinks, a delighted reaction to his little trick. Of course she will take a liking to that magic - an immediate need to understand it, to feel it all of its little intricacies, overwhelms her. A cough spits from her mouth as her gaze remains watchful and intrigued: the shiver of her throat as the itch rises, the slow blink of her eyes as the feeling is dispelled, the sparkle that remains when an idea twines tight knots around her mind.

“I do not often bother with kingdom trivialities, Eight,” she replies, holding that same gentle way of delivering words that might otherwise cut. “Perhaps the East will accept you; perhaps the sensation you give me is off. I will leave it to the Queens to meet and discuss, but - fair warning.”

Cosmos pauses, pressing her tongue to the roof of her mouth and casting mismatched eyes to the indifferent sky. “I do wonder about you, though. I do not think you will take a liking to Sanctuary rules, if the ominous air about you is . . . accurate. Perhaps you will not listen.” A smile - sweet, engaged, a tad impressed - draws her lips upward while her gaze drifts back to the magician’s. “You may not be Yidhra, but I always respect the chaos - She is always creeping much closer than most realize.”

Again her eyes leave Eight’s to fall onto the dooming setting that spreads behind him. “Ah, I’ve taken to rambling - I apologize. Would you humor me? You seem to have taken my name straight from the universe. What other power do you possess?”

devil in the details

@[Eight]

Messages In This Thread
    and now the storm is coming in -- - by Eight - 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by cosmos - 02-08-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by Eight - 02-11-2019, 08:11 AM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by cosmos - 02-13-2019, 09:11 PM