• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire)

The utterance of his name in a tone now considered familiar blossoms, warm and comforting, from his chest to radiate through each limb. Lowering his wing again, Wolfbane treads heavily over brownish-green earth, each step a faint sucking sound as he pulls it free from the muck. In this weather, his relative might as well be camouflaged, but with idle reflection and a soft, mischievous grin Wolfbane thinks this overcast day suits Heartfire best. If her overall mood could be a type of precipitation, he considers this type to be the best representation of that: cold but not biting, enough to soak the skin when exposed for too long, and a bit ethereal. Mysterious. Hiding and only revealing things to the most curious, most persistent of characters.

“Straight to the bone of the matter.” He jokes lightly, “Good to see some things have stayed the same while I was gone.” The words turn into a sigh.

Where she waits and where he comes to stand near her is shaded by the low-hanging branches of a wide, stout cedar tree. Its dark green needles, clustered together in tight clumps so that they seem almost dusty blue, do well to filter out the constant haze but they don’t block it completely. Its position alongside the banks of the water seems to make it a favorite spot to loiter, and the faint smell of horses past is trampled into the brown dirt underneath its canopy and rubbed into the stringy, red bark of its trunk. As Wolfbane slides under its protection the rain picks up in tempo, drumming overtop the surface of the lake pleasantly.

“Why me?” He wants to know foremost. He’d thought about asking her why she even considered entertaining the neurotic green horse in the first place, much less why she would send Bane a ‘message’ on his behalf, but looking at her now he knew better than to question her actions. “Dad warned me over and over but I never understood why me. I have brothers and sisters. I wasn’t the first born or even the last.”

The complete idiocy of the whole ordeal made his head spin. How could Longclaw have known? What even made Wyrm so dangerous? Why now? Why not strike when he’d been a colt, weak and defenseless? Nothing added up anymore. He should be coming to Nerine to visit with his grandmother and reconnect, especially after all that had transpired between them. Not coming here to hope for some revealing secret or discuss how they could mutually murder her ex.

But here he was. Here they were, and sadly enough for Wolfbane, the reality of his situation as it stood was not exactly a pretty sort of reality.

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Heartfire]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 03-20-2019, 08:29 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-22-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 05-01-2019, 03:06 PM