• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire)

An individual's inconsistency to remain the same with the passing of time was probably the most consistent thing about being ageless. Through the dark shade of their northern tree Wolfbane refuses to avert his attention away from the all-seeing eyes of his grandmere, and takes her caution to heart. There was very little need for her explanation of choosing to couple with Wyrm (even if Bane had thrown that in her face once) because he understands... or at least he’s beginning to understand: most every horse seeks self-improvement and change. He had no way of knowing that the relationship between the green menace and his nerinian relative had formed from childhood.

But he was about to.

Her eyes, poignant and yet somehow determined, sweep across the gray waters and cut through him, beyond him; Wolfbane blinks and Heartfire disappears.

She’d left him in an endless desert where shades of brown were impossibly colorful and varied, outlined by a hard blue sky and a few, scarce rocks for cover. Two foals are engaging in conversation and at first he doesn’t recognize that it is Heartfire, just younger. The difference surprises him enough that he smiles before the scene is swept away, replaced with the same characters in a yellowed ravine where pale bones expose themselves amidst layers of bedrock. He watches her work and then watches Wyrm focus, shocked and horrified to see the small colt explode with growth until a monster takes his place.

A shapeshifter, Wolfbane thinks as the day tilts to night and the scenery around him flies forward through time. Wyrm changes colors, changes genders, impersonates another horse.

The skin twister leads his own son into battle against their ancient maker, Lupei, and Bane watches in horror as the blue flame takes a life and exchanges it with a curse. He feels sick, a bit disoriented but mostly sick. There’s a battle in Nerine - Wyrm unleashes his power and then seems to fade, becoming untouchable. After that his grandfather meets Longclaw again but there’s a mare there, crowned with two long horns and she stops Wyrm from killing Bane’s father.

The grass underneath them swirls and the sky explodes, leaving Wolfbane alone to be sucked out of Heartfire’s vision and back to the present. He blinks again and sees the dark glint of her steadfast eyes, then drunkenly rocks back on his heels before lowering his head to void his stomach of an early lunch. This whole time he’d been sweating, it feels like his heart is trying to jump out of his chest. “Holy s h i t.”

That was something.

Pressing the flat line of his nose against the solid trunk of the cedar, Bane pants and trembles weakly. He can only manage to let his wings drag against the ground for a few minutes before finally opening his eyes again to glance at Heartfire. “I’m sorry.” He tells her, “For everything.”
    In a sudden rush of emotion and allowing for a brief moment of childlike weakness, the pegasus rushed to envelope her with a bold hug. The two wings flicked to life and reached forward, hoping to cross one another across her back if she let them.

“I will never forget this. Please don’t stop checking in on me… I know now that I need you more than ever.”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Heartfire] well hey there emotions
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 03-20-2019, 08:29 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-22-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 05-01-2019, 03:06 PM