• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

His motionlessness reminds her strongly of Sinner, of a predator. While dragon’s blood courses strongly through her veins – it has altered her, strengthened her – Valdis still does not consider herself predatory. Beneath her glistening skin, her muscles quiver uncertainly. She has adapted to her king’s intense stare and advances, but not anyone else. Her body has ever known Sinner.

But this man – strange in every way – does not edge closer; his reactions to her sharp tongue are even minimal. Perhaps, once that would have enraged her, but his silence and demeanor somehow loosen the tension across her body. ”I see,” she says, for a lack of a better response when he confesses his intention to abandon the search. Sabrina’s name comes and goes quickly enough to ease Valdis’ nerves and soften her voice. As demanding as Mary and her brood are in regards to attention and focus, Valdis gropes for clarity in her thoughts as her gaze traces along him.

”Yes, I know him,” she admits flatly, clutching truths tightly to her chest and never betraying how well she knows him, how familiar she is with the warmth of his flesh. Inching nearer, she levels her gaze on his own and drinks in another lungful of his scent. ”I’m Valdis,” it feels nearly an eternity since she last introduced herself. Since arriving in Sylva, she has been reclusive. Every intent to reach out and spread her influence was consumed by her comfort among the trees. Then again, she was never raised to be a true, amicable diplomat. ”Who are you, and what brings you here?”

Valdis

@[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Valdis - 04-29-2019, 03:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Crevan - 05-02-2019, 10:16 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 05-04-2019, 04:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Crevan - 05-06-2019, 12:15 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 05-16-2019, 08:27 PM