• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so bring me the dawn

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She burns like a shooting star - a vengeful angel indeed. I, as a peace-bringing, semi-angel (I never really think about angels, but I know I’m perceived as a somewhat angelic creature to some) - I cannot take vengeance for the life of me; or so I once thought.

I thought I could try to make peace - I have a little touch of magic to help me, and I carefully stretch my consciousness to Dawn, trying to soothe her just a little. Patience, my dear. ”The Loessians have wronged many,” I start with, softly - speaking out louder than this feels like shouting to me when the subject is so sensitive. ”But Castile was once also my friend, and I cannot blame him for what has been done by those before him - only what he lacked to do when he received his crown, what he refused to change after I told him I won’t stand for it. I will await his final answer before I go to mingle myself in this war -” I look from Dawn to Leliana, ”But as you may know, through me or the newfound magic you carry now, I won’t be calling the shots in this coming war. I would like to request the opportunity of a little time - time to gather what I need, what I think the Cove needs, before the Eastern kingdom makes its decision to move with you or stand aside for you to pass through. Regardless, as always, should you find yourself in need of a place to harbour your children or your wounded, the Cove will take them in. Caelestra was one of those with you, and is with us now, and perhaps we can persuade some other healers to make a similar move.” I look to Dawn. Surely she’ll want to take the children of Tephra, and her mother, and any children taken and held captive by Loess as well. But I also see that when she is Queen, she will be more like Leliana. And that, I suppose, is what the East needs - stop being a Sanctuary, stop being peaceful at all costs. It’s time we make a stand; but I don’t know if Clayton will agree yet, he is a turbulence in the future I envision. The other option will be to stay out of the fighting and solve this another way - help the Tephrans in their war and fail to aid Loess, is just as much a statement, and can be just as troublesome to the Southerners.

It’s not my choice, in the end, but I think I’ve set the Cove on a certain path. The changes will come slowly, but they will come, and the world will change with it.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    so bring me the dawn - by magnus - 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by leliana - 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Ilma - 05-07-2019, 01:17 AM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Jakub - 05-07-2019, 12:26 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by leliana - 05-07-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Dawn - 05-07-2019, 11:06 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Ilma - 05-09-2019, 03:51 AM