• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight; any
    there was a heaven in you
    but god, there’s a devil in me
    He’s still staring out into the distance - where the shadowy line of the horizon wavers and crinkles with the far-away ocean’s waves dance - but he can still feel the abounding presence that is Leliana at his side. Even though she remains still beside him, there is a force that demands his attention; a force that naturally commands the air around them, nearly vibrating between the two. The peppered cobalt of his lips twitch idly, shifting his weight and flicking the dark tendrils of his tail against his ankles.

A captive?

The one ear trained on Leliana now falls into the heaviness of his mane, accompanied by the other. His brow furrows unhappily, a sharp snort leaving him in distaste. Loess had always been a neutral land (of course, back when he was King), though he is not surprised that the characters that lived in the hilly kingdom would stoop so low as to keep healers against their will for their own benefit. The anger on his face is clear - sharp and brooding, rippling through the planes of his worn face and settling into the tightness of his shoulders.

“Or war.”

Warrick’s demeanor does not change - he does not balk at the idea, nor does he attempt to change her mind. Neither does he take up arms and become elated at the thought of battle.

Unwavering, never-changing, is Warrick.

“I pray Loess does not choose unwisely.” His gaze shifts now - clear, crystal blue meeting the brazen, mesmerizing gold of her irises. It would be unwise, to challenge her. Once feeble and gentle, now stands strength and magic - a queen. “I fear, however, that it will be inevitable.” Warrick holds her gaze for a moment more - peering somewhat studiously as if trying to discover what fueled the molten glow in her eyes - then peels away to look out over Tephra once more. “I’ve come to help, Leliana, in whatever way that is needed so that Beqanna can be at peace once again.”

He glances towards her with a slight raise of his brows. “Whatever it takes.”

WARRICK

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are crooked souls trying to stand up straight; any - by Warrick - 05-15-2019, 06:02 PM