• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  throw me into the fire ; leliana
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

She does not intend for the confusion to show on her face, and she wonders if it will strike the heart of this new, powerful Leliana. The smile slips from her face as the magician stares at her, but she does not lose her friendly expression as her friend-turned-queen studies her, waiting for the shock and confusion to wear off. True to form, it does not take her long to shed her negative emotions – this is Leliana, after all; her dear friend will remain as such despite the woman’s changes. Cress will never turn her back on a friend, especially not one who has been through as many hardships as Leli.

Even her voice has changed, as she addresses Cress as her friend, but the golden dragoness swallows back her emotions as a gentle smile rolls across her face. She glances to Ravine, who has fallen asleep between her hooves, and slowly reaches down to brush his forelock out of his eyes. She is right – Ravine, at the very least, does not deserve to live within the confines of Loess. He is a child, and his mother had been a captive there for all too long, despite her thoughts otherwise. Castile would have never willingly let her leave, and she can’t help but wonder if her own father would have drug her back if she had fled.

“I will not leave you,” she assures Leliana as the woman glances to the horizon, expression grim. Smoke furls from her mouth as the fire in her chest begins to burn brightly, fully understanding what will be expected of her if she is to stay. It will not be the first battle she has ever fought in – certainly, it will not be the last. “I will stay, and I will help defend Tephra to my dying breath if need be.” Her eyes are chips of flint and her voice is full of steel as Leliana turns back to her. “The only allegiance that I owe to anyone is to you, my friend. You broke my chains, and I will follow you by whatever means necessary.”

@[leliana] since war is starting i just want to get something up before she's spirited away back to loess :| you don't have to respond!

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-07-2019, 10:36 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by leliana - 05-07-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by leliana - 05-08-2019, 09:29 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-14-2019, 11:40 PM