• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

The war is over in an instant.

Litotes screams at her but her own self-pity drowns out the words, and tears prick the corners of her eyes as the rage that previously flowed through her flows so effortlessly into him, but she can’t even begin to pretend to react as a monster of earth and stone erupts from the ground nearby, distracting the trio. By the time she glances back to Lie, trying so hard to formulate a response, but the lion-man is gone, whisked away by his... dragon-friend.

Shivering in shock, she turns back to the monster, but can’t find it within herself to shift. She deserves this, she believes, to be brought down before she even has a chance to be brought to life. It is only when Kensa, bleeding profusely and determined as she presses her muzzle to Dawn’s shoulder and bids her to flee. “I-I can’t,” she stutters, glancing to the hardy woman beside her. She won’t leave her friend to die, no matter the outcome, and she certainly deserves everything that is now coming to her. So she turns and faces the golem head on with Kensa at her side, too wound up to shift but lowering her gleaming horn so that it is level with the monster’s chest.

And then Kensa leaves, darting into a nearby pool of water and teleporting away, and Dawn’s courage fails her as the monster approaches. She takes a trembling step back as it roars, swinging an arm-like appendage at her as the world around them starts to tremble. The arm catches her across the barrel and she screams as she is sent flying, and then the world goes black.

She wakes up to the crash of the ocean, black sand cushioning her body like an unnamed lover, and she blinks open her eyes slowly, confusion filling her as she lifts her head. The Cove? How did she get home?

The new Queen tries to roll and find her legs beneath her, but the waves of pain that roll over her nearly send her into another blackout, and with a groan she spares a glance to her ruined side. Perhaps all of the ribs on that side are broken, and if the sand below her was not black, it would be stained crimson from the gaping wounds that the golem’s fist had created. Shuddering from pain, and exhaustion, she lowers her head back to the sand, waiting for whatever is to come next.

@[Caelestra]

Basically she's back from the war and is pretty badly hurt. I tagged Cael, but anyone is welcome to join in!
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone - by Dawn - 05-20-2019, 09:12 PM