• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wish you weren't so frickin' awkward, bud.

Taiga, oh.” The pale mare twitches her colorful wings once again. Her heart, both sister’s hearts, skip a bit as he mentions Nerine. Neither girl says a word, but the air shifts for a moment, like a ghostly wind blows through the trio. “Tell me, Aten, about your home.” Her voice seems to purr as she speaks, looking him over but there’s really no telling where she is observing. “What is it like there? Are there mountains and trees? Is it fertile land, or barren desert? Both have their beauty…and every landscape in between too.” her voice is soft and confident, almost fairy like. Her sister’s presence behind her is heavy in the atmosphere like a rock, like an eavesdropping, smoking stone.

Wrena was half-interested now, bending her white ear to the man’s voice, watching him from beneath her black forelock. She readjusts her scaly wings if only to hear their leathery tune, as if to remind everyone that she was here to dampen anything lighthearted and jolly. “Get on with it,” she raises her head a little, “What is Taiga like, then?” Meanwhile she dreams of Nerine’s stormy shores in the back of her mind and wondered if Taiga shared the same characteristics as her birth home.

i've got no roots,

oleandar & wrena

but my home was never on the ground

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish you weren't so frickin' awkward, bud. - by wrena - 06-22-2019, 12:28 PM