• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Heart Has Ached {Dawn}

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

It is his turn to be angry, and she makes no move to extinguish the flames that grows in his eyes and the discomfort that grows in his belly. He makes no move to speak until she finishes, and though she prickles at his angry laugh, she doesn’t try to stop the onslaught of words he has cooked up for her. Let him try to hurt her, and he’ll find that she’s made of tougher stuff than he could even imagine. She has lost so much in such a short lifetime that at this point in time, she doesn’t mind one more loss – Clayton has already abandoned her once before, and she’s proven time and time again that she doesn’t need him in order to be strong.

He tells her to leave, and for the first time she laughs, a cold and cruel laugh. “Unfortunately for you, I don’t owe you anything,” she tells him, inky black talons gripping the earth beneath her paws.

“You fucked me,” she says, her voice cold and her eyes chips of flint, “and you left me. Before I even knew I was pregnant, you were gone. You didn’t even show up to your own coronation. So, please, tell me again how I stripped you of the crown you never even showed up to claim.” She ignores the question about her pregnancy – it is none of his business, after all, whom a queen chooses to bed, and who better fitting than a king? She continues on as if the comment means nothing – for truly, it means nothing to her. “And I never said I would visit for you.

Her body is tense, as though before a fight, but her expression never wavers from one carved of stone. “Isilme is acting as a figurehead, nothing more. The Cove is now just a territory, and her members that do not belong to Hyaline will belong to Pangea. If I were you, I’d fall in line. Don’t presume to think what is best for me to do, either. As Queen of the East I will not tolerate insubordination, and it seems as though you are toeing a very fine line, Clayton.” Her voice is full of disdain as she turns away from him, not bothering to look back as she leaves the broken bay behind.

@[Clayton] I AM SO SAD
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-11-2019, 07:36 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 06-12-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 06-16-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 07-13-2019, 09:59 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-06-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-06-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Clayton - 08-07-2019, 08:37 AM
    RE: My Heart Has Ached {Dawn} - by Dawn - 08-08-2019, 09:59 PM