• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  let me crawl inside your veins, litotes

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Yours.

She doesn’t understand why he says that, doesn’t know if he means yours right now, or yours forever. And if he means forever – if he thinks that’s what he means – she can’t help but to feel that it’s only the lust and pleasure coiled so tightly around both of them that leads him to think that.

But she is greedy and ravenous, and she wants him, and so tonight, she takes him. She takes him just as much as he takes her, and even if it’s not meant to last forever, even if it’s only this single moment in time, they belong to each other.

When they finish, when they are both damp with sweat and gasping, she almost isn’t sure if she hears him correctly. Her hearts stutters to a stop, and her breathing stills, but her blue eyes find his and she can still hear the thought in his mind. “Lie,” she murmurs his name, touching her nose to his and closing her eyes for a moment. No one besides Ophanim has ever said that to her, and she has never said it to anyone besides him.

And she knows, she knows that he still loves Kensa; she knows that she is second, that he is not trying to say that he loves her, and only her, but the words still feel like barbs in her heart, because she can’t say them back. “You mean so much to me. I know you know that. I would do anything for you,” she can taste the salt of the tears on her tongue as they rise in her throat, and her eyes darken to an almost black when they gather there and she whispers achingly, “But I can’t.” She shakes her head, closing her eyes to will the tears away, and even though they still glitter their threat to fall, none of them find her cheeks as she adds, “We can’t.”

But she makes no move to pull away from him, and instead she just lets that heaviness take root inside her chest. When dawn fully broke, she would leave this, and him, behind her. She would work to fix everything she had destroyed – if it was even salvageable – with Ophanim, and she is sure he will do the same with Kensa. But until morning came, she would spend these last few moments in the alternate dimension they had created, pretending to be ignorant of their reality. 

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes]

all done ;(

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me crawl inside your veins, litotes - by Starsin - 08-11-2019, 01:42 PM