• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

Northwest of Hyaline an odd spur of Beqanna forms the Kingdom of Nerine. Though very little separates the windy coastal land from her own mountain home she has never called here. Being unfamiliar with the place means she travels on foot to its tree strewn edge and stops just there for a moment. On her right a cliff drops away toward a choppy sea; these northern waters seem more unruly than those that curl in to her own small beach. 
    Winter here has a bite, and she is lucky her coat has grown into winter luxury and Ophanim’s child growing steadily in her belly keeps her body temperature a few degrees higher. 

The decision to wait here for someone to meet her, or delve in and ask for forgiveness is an easy one. Hyaline’s borders are open, and Kensa endeavors to be a welcoming hostess. The days of every new arrival being treated with suspicion are well and truly over.  She cannot expect everyone else to operate under the same ideals however, and actually appreciates being a contrasting figure. When she continues it is with caution, respectfully keeping herself on a visible track  that will take her to a more central part of Nerine and the grey beach. She fully expects to be intercepted and since her errand is simply to visit with the occupants of Nerine she wears an open expression. A game is afoot but the sabino has no malicious intent, and while this could be a chance to gain some intelligence for her troublemaking her first priority is meeting with Heartfire. 

The two mares have previously met in passing only, and Kensa does not know what to expect of the blue roan Queen—not that she is ever put off by the unknown. Whether she finds herself within a polite distance of the woman, or if she is stopped in the midst of her trek matters not. Her greeting is warm, eager but absent anxiety. “Heartfire, I hope I haven’t trespassed at an inconvenient time.” The words are an apology if she has crossed a line by coming so far into Nerine, there is no sarcasm to be had in the words. “I have never been to Nerine before, I am impressed. There is beauty in the severity.” She means this, but her eyes find loveliness more readily than others do.   

Kensa

@[Heartfire] Is this just for Hearfire...? Maybe. I don't know. I guess if you (being not Heartfire) want Kensa to decide to kidnap you, you could come say hello but mostly this is for Heartfire and so let her post   Heart   Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly - by Kensa - 07-03-2019, 12:02 AM