• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile never trusted them, but he was fine to let them lead Sylva until they confessed and exposed their open betrayal. The situation could have gone a multitude of different ways, but it comes to this now.

A battle was certainly appropriate, but it didn’t skew to Sinner’s benefit.

Adrenaline still coursing, the Loessian king returned home to inform the inhabitants of the changes and of the unseating happening in Sylva. Only after notifying them all does he return to the forest. It is without urgency, adopting a lackadaisical and relaxing speed as he soars through the sky until the canopy opens beneath him where the battle took place only a day prior.

He alights and sheds away his wings before allowing the deep baritone of his voice to echo through the trees. His voice curls around the ears of the Loessians held captive and anyone else that may still be in the forest. Admittedly, his heart leaps at the hope of seeing Sochi again after Sinner swept her from the safety of home. First her, then their son will be found.

”Sylva has been placed back underneath Loess’ wings. Sinner and Mary are no longer leaders!” It’s a triumphant bellow that escapes past his lips toward those that congregated. ”Ophanim and Sochi, your imprisonment has ended.” He smiles with a sense of relief, wanting nothing more than to have the extended kingdom family returned to safety. They do not belong anywhere against their wills.

Casting his gaze across the faces, he cannot help to wonder whether the unseated monarchy will step forward or if they will creep away to melt into the darkness. Castile holds no hatred, only disappointment that weighs heavily on his furrowed brow. ”Sylva will be needing new leaders – ones I can trust. Soon, I hope, a decision will be made.” It isn’t a dictatorship; inwardly, he hopes that their numbers can vote for the next leaders of the autumnal forest.   

castile

Bad post, but wanted to get something up and get things rolling

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-08-2019, 10:39 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by sochi - 07-09-2019, 01:15 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 08:53 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by sochi - 07-17-2019, 08:47 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-26-2019, 02:07 PM