• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Slowly, Wolfbane is beginning to understand the gap between himself and Aten. During the course of their discussion it’s become clear that Aten had stayed here in Taiga during the time when this place was barely inhabitable at all. The redwoods, infamous for their captivating mystery and subtle beauty, weathered harsh magic and had taken their time regrowing. The Taiga before Wolfbane’s birth had been a Kingdom - which could explain his Champion’s constant use of the word - but the Taiga of Wolfbane’s childhood had been a no-man's land like the River and Meadow.

These trails had been home to raw silence and the occasional adventurer during the years he’d been starting out in Loess. Taiga and her secrets remained untouched; pristine while Leviathans roamed the north and Krakens in the west. A good age; Bane reminisced to himself, settling in to hear Aten’s reply. A golden era before the plague.

“I see.” He answered flatly, no stranger to his companion’s feelings. The smile on his mouth from before drooped and fell. “Well you’ve been very forthcoming, Aten.” Wolfbane admitted. Not exactly the brotherhood-in-steel he’d hoped for, but their past encounters made this one seem almost friendly. “I’m pleased that your only desire is to live in peace with the ones you love. And-” He paused, “-I have nothing to hide about my reasons for being here or my history. Neither does Lepis, for that matter.”

Aten made them sound like murderous snakes, even though he’d asked similar questions before about why Bane and his wife had decided to infiltrate the northern territory. Every possible turn was met with a wall in these lands, no matter where Wolfbane looked. “We came to revive ourselves and the forest. I mainly came because Lepis asked me to.” He shrugged quickly. “If you still don’t believe me, ask her - I never wanted to lead this place. Actually,” Bane laughed roughly, “you’re a higher rank than I am right now.”

The most Wolfbane had claim to was consort, and the idea twisted into his playboy grin. He’d have to tell Lepis that later.

“And you might as well listen to her history at the same time, since I’m not the type to tell another mare’s story.” The Commandant moved around, readjusting his legs. If the tone of Bane’s voice came off slightly harsh, it was only because he expected Aten to understand: a horse’s privacy was their own. “However, I'll tell you one thing: I took Loess from Lepis before we had children together. Right from under her nose.” He laughed. The corners of his eyes and mouth crept up in happiness.

His winged mate would probably tell it a bit differently, but the Kingdom had been handed down to her while she was still a foal and then, through a series of lucky mishaps, eventually all of Loess was left to Wolfbane to do with as he pleased. “Back then it was only Lepis, my mentor named Arthas, and myself. Loess had been quiet for a very long time…” He recalled. “Now look at her.” He grinned again, teeth flashing, "She won’t shut up.”

Whatever tension he might’ve brought along left, and Bane sighed to catch his breath. He could talk about those years for hours if Aten let him. Considering it better just to keep things condensed, Bane continued, “It really all depends on what you want to know about me. I’ve been called lots of great things: a Pirate Lord, Ward of Loess, King of the Southern Region, Commandant of Taiga.” He looked sideways, “And I’ve been called terrible things: a Villian, Sellsword, Traitor, and most recently a Usurper.” He murmured.

“Take your pick; I’ll tell you anything you want to know.”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Aten]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 07-19-2019, 10:01 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-05-2019, 11:36 AM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 08-05-2019, 11:03 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-11-2019, 01:37 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 01:37 AM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-19-2019, 02:37 AM