• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Aten chuckles and for a moment Wolfbane is taken back in time. He suddenly remembers the friendship in Vulgaris that’s been lost recently, how his old comrades hissing laughter could make Wolfbane feel so sure of himself. Now there was a chasm of silence between himself and the rest of Beqanna. When was the last time I flew? The pegasus wondered, coming down from his lofty thoughts to hear Aten’s question.

He would make a joke about that being more than one thing to ask, but he’s learning not to be so asinine these days. For his own health and others, truly. The two queries were more or less the same anyways.

“I broke the rules.” He muttered flatly. All of the previous humor fled from his eyes; Bane’s mask seemed to suddenly turn a shade or two darker, bordering near black. “I sold my follower’s power and magic in exchange for alliances, other kingdoms recruiting for me, and a blood tie to Sylva that still remains today.”

The tint of hazel in his eyes melted to red. His stripes faded to the same blue-black as his mask and in an instant the familiar gold color of his palomino coat bled out, staining his fur with a slick, crimson color. Wolfbane donned a new coat as easily as one might chew a blade of grass, or flick an ear.

“And then I kept breaking the rules.” He continued on, seeing no reason to stop now that they’d begun. “I fell in love with Lepis: already married, a royal, and far above my station. For her I banished the same stallion who’d mentored me like a father.” And he’d do much, much worse to keep her love. “The most wicked of all are the things I’ve done to keep myself ahead of this never-ending game.” Wolfbane rumbled.

His eyes blinked shut for the first time, making the sudden movement seem alien on his otherwise equine face. To Aten he smiled: the harsh colors on his coat faded back to their signature gold-and-iridescent blue. “But I tend to think my virtues outshine my vices. Or else I doubt anyone at all would like me.” The Pegasus laughed. “Point is: I’ve made hard decisions that cost me greatly, and knowing what I know still wouldn’t make me change the past.”

It felt like an appropriate time to break the conversation for a quick stretch. Wolfbane shook out his short, thick neck until his bristly mane waved back-and-forth. He flexed both wings by flicking them and re-tucked them by his sides, inhaling deeply to straighten out his spine. “Hope that answers your question.” The Commandant breathed, “Anything else on your mind?”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Aten]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 07-19-2019, 10:01 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-05-2019, 11:36 AM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 08-05-2019, 11:03 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-11-2019, 01:37 PM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 01:37 AM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 08-19-2019, 02:37 AM
    RE: Let's Have A Chat [Wolfbane] - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 04:11 PM