• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One more kiss could be the best thing; Adria

They stood closely together, so close that Jakub could feel the extra heat Adria's body carried with her expectant foal and if he hadn't of been so dark one would probably see the flush in his cheeks. His eyes locked to hers softly and he could tell that she wanted to give in but for some reason or another she wouldn't.

Jakub did not know of her plans for Ischia or that loving him would complicate those plans. If he had known he would like to think he would support her in all of her endevours, that is what one does when they care about someone. Adria murmurs a question about what he missed about her and her laugh tickles his ears in the softest way. A soft laugh parts his own lips as his breath tickles her sandy forelock, but just as quickly she seems to pull away in all the intensity between them. Jakub is disappointed for only the briefest of moments as the mood settles between them. Adria may be intent on refraining herself from falling into him, but he did not share those feelings. Of course, he would never intentionally make Adria uncomfortable but he would not give up quite so easily.

She switches the conversation quickly, asking after his new beastly form. And his smile fades enough to tell her a story. Remember how I told you during the war there was a pegasus who rushed the innocent ones I gathered on the beach? He was intent on killing every last one for no better reason then he simply could. You know I tried, I tried as hard as I could to protect them. I didn't win that battle though, in fact I almost died, if something else hadn't of taken the pegasus attention forcing him to leave I'm sure I would of along with every other innocent horse on that beach.

Afterwards I realized that though I have never been weak there are forces stronger than I could ever conquer in this world. When I was a boy in the world I grew up in there was a day that was like any other. Us kids were playing, our mothers were grazing, and our fathers where taking care of business. It was a quite day, except for the large cat that stalked the edge of our home watching us. I don't know where he came from, but when the cat attacked a large bull protected my herd. He didn't live with us, didn't consort with us in any way, and yet he protected us.

Jakub's gaze drifted across the small clearing as his mind drifted across the memory. I want to be like that bull. I want to protect the innocent no matter where they come from - friend or foe, my friends, my family. But I could never do that like I was and so I went to the mountain, not seeking power to conquer or destroy - though I'm sure I will have to make those decisions at some point, but to protect. his eyes found Adria's once again, soft and crinkled at the edges, Meeting you only made that decision stronger. When I went back, the mountain found me worthy of this form. he ended his story pivoting to stand beside Adria his rough leathery sides pressing softly against her velvety barrel. He towered over her more so when they first met but it seemed to Jakub that she still fit like a puzzle piece next to his side. He glanced down at her his nose blowing soft air across her cheek, while the vines that tangled down from his horns cascaded above her crest.

He gave her a moment to think and respond and then asked a question of his own, What are your plans for Ischia? And for yourself, and your children? he was curious to see if he held a place in those plans or if he would need to work harder for her affections.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Adria]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One more kiss could be the best thing; Adria - by Jakub - 08-12-2019, 02:10 PM