• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One more kiss could be the best thing; Adria

His heart aches in all the goodness and beauty of Adria. The flower he'd placed amongst her mesmerizing mane pulling a warmth to her eyes that he had longed to see since arriving. A delicate smile painted his lips, an unexpected look to contrast the harshness of his changes. His ardent eyes watched her as she continued moving, stopping their journey by a small, hidden pool of water. The confined space of the small opening should be an intimate space for intimate moments, but Jakub couldn't help but feel a tension of mixed emotions in this particular moment. When the question slips from her lips, he can't help but feel a squeezing in his chest as he stops to contemplate the reason behind her question and his answer.

He had not gone to the mountain with the intentions to find absolute power over all. Though he supposed wanting the ability to protect was an exertion of power over whomever was threatening those he wanted to protect. His brow fell at the thought.

There are always going to be others who are stronger than I am. I've come to accept this with all of who I am. I don't envy them or wish to be stronger than all. I have watched power and strength destroy the very essence of those who hold it. his father's face blazed hot and horrid against the inside of his mind. He had become obsessed with power, always scared that someone would come along and rip that power from him. He had shunned his own son from his herd for that very reason.

My only intention is to use what the mountain found me worthy of to protect the innocent, and those I love. his blues wrapped in confusion, pain, honesty, and love all at once as if willing her to believe him. The heat from his body encased the clearing where they stood, small beads of sweat coating his black hide. A shiver ran down his spine as an unexpected cool breeze found its way across his back. He took a small tentative step towards Adria.

He dreaded the moment that would ultimately come when he ended this visit and went back to Tephra. Something about the way she seemed to hold him here and push him away simultaneously broke and mended his heart all at once. Looking at her was like the first moment he had laid eyes on Tephra, home. She was home to his heart, and he knew the moment he'd leave he would yearn to turn back and find her all over again. This is how it would be forever, he thought, always her.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

Sorry if this is all over the place ): @[Adria]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One more kiss could be the best thing; Adria - by Jakub - 08-25-2019, 08:45 PM