• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    “Oh, she’s not a princess.” Lepis demurs, her bright eyes sparkling. “And I don’t want her treated like one either. I know first hand how royal treatment can go to one’s head.” Though the dun woman’s lips turn in a smile, she is recalling her own childhood. Wolfbane and Lepis’ tactic to treat their children as though their parents are no one of importance has worked rather well (if Lepis does say so herself).

Aten is agreeable to shifting the topic toward less personal topics, and Lepis listens intently to what he has to say.

So they are allied with Nerine and Icicle Isle – this explains Heartfire’s behavior at their last meeting. The pegasus nods at this news, and is pleased that the rest of the information regarding allies is much as she expected.

“We are certainly allied with Loess,” she tells him, “Though I am not espeically fond of Sylva. The place and I have...a poor history.” Her most recent history with the Autumn Realm had been her expulsion from the throne. The dappled King Arthas had not responded well to her admission of love for Wolfbane, nor the fact that his queen wished to be married to the Loessian rather than the man whose child was carrying. And that was so very far from her worst memory of the orange woods. So much has changed since then, Lepis realizes, not long after she realizes that she’s been rather quiet for just slightly too long.

“Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts.” The small mare says with a toss of her navy mane and an apologetic smile. “This is good information to know; I was trying to think of where best to send you. I was thinking Island Resort, if you and Lethy are up for a bit of a vacation as well as a diplomatic mission?” The champagne stallion does not look like the sort of man who would waste time on pleasure while there was business to attend to, but Lepis is thinking of her friend Izora Lethia as well when she says this. The buckskin mare deserves something nice; Lepis makes a note to offer to watch Owin and Popinjay while the couple are away.

“I do see the value in bloodlines used to unite lands and cemented alliances, but my children are young yet, and I don’t want them to experience the weight of leadership when they are not prepared. I do think they’d make wonderful rulers -” she smiles proudly at this, thinking with a fond expression of her children, “- but not yet. Perhaps some day one of them might impress you enough to be made your heir.” Surely one of the five living foals she’s born will make this redwood forest their permanent home. If not, there is always hope for the sixth that has not yet begun to quicken in her womb.

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Lepis - 08-24-2019, 07:49 AM