• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any

-Adria-

The moon is never the same twice, and so the same could be said for youth. Without meaning to, Eva had grown up and grown just as beautiful. Mesmerizing really, now that any hints of awkward growth were gone. The Dame had met her adopted daughter out to sea, brought her home to Ischia where their kind belonged. Gave her shelter and love. Now the days of innocence have gone. Eva was pregnant.

Spying her move through the lower valley of jungle, Adria left the remote trail she’d been traveling on and slipped on velvet hooves to follow behind. It was unlike Adria to scuttle or scurry, which is what her snooping felt like, but above all her concern for Eva’s safety… the foal’s safety as well…

It felt even more perverse not to stoop into sleuthing.

Besides, when she finally makes her way through the tangle of overgrown paths and onto the distant shore where Eva rests, the most exciting part is over. The elder Nereid slips a pomegranate-bright nose through two folded leaves and peeps a very colorful colt. Aeolus, she hears Eva name him. At the sound of her first grandchild Adria smiles; it’s suddenly necessary for her to bite her tongue and keep from breaking through the tropical green fronds.

She doesn’t want to startle Eva or the boy, especially during such an important bonding moment. Instead she watches and waits, quiet as a mouse and hidden while the two make their way into the ocean. They seem so peaceful there, it makes her suddenly want to preserve it somehow - make this moment last into eternity. She sighs and waits another second before pushing a foreleg out onto the sand.

Kontan pou ou,” She blessed them both as she stepped out, trailing a mane showered with twigs and stray flowers. This greeting Eva knew well: it was used for celebration. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here sooner.” Adria apologized, joining her daughter side to side in the rolling waves. She reached for Eva’s shoulder, eager to stroke the familiar curve of satin purple skin. “Do you feel alright?”

The golden-eyed mare looked for a moment at Eva’s face, then turned to glance at the leggy boy. “Aeolus,” Adria breathed proudly, “looks strong.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any - by Adria - 08-06-2019, 07:13 PM