• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

Despite not spending so much time with her adoptive mother lately, Eva would never feel an ounce of doubt that their relationship was falling. The nereid would always think happily about her relationship with @[Adria]. If anything was to bend and break their bond, she would do everything in her power to mend that. Adria was everything to her—she changed her life for the better in many ways Eva could truly not describe.

Eva folds into the embrace of the vermillion mare. It had been long since she had ever embraced her adoptive mother like this. However, the purple seahorse doesn’t feel she is too old to still be doing this. She would always be the same girl Adria had found at the mouth of the river—even if she was an adult now and a mother too.

The reassurance from Adria gives her somewhat hope for the future of her son. She remembers the same thing happening when Luath had been born. Her younger brother was harmless, or so at least she had never seen a predatory sign within him when he was young. “I hope so,” she says in reply. Her voice is warm and there is little doubt in her tone now.

At Adria’s next question, Eva pulls away from her mother’s embrace shyly. Her purple cheeks begin to burn a little as a rosy tiny appears on them. “He was very unique,” she says dream-like. Eva’s eyes sparkle a little as the memory resurfaces the day she had met Aodhan. Never had she ever found herself more captivated by someone. “There was something special about him that I could not quiet place. First he was a beautiful golden fish and then a serpent from somewhere far away…” Eva trails off, her eyes continue to sparkle for a moment as she relishes in the memory for a few more heartbeats. “I doubt he was harmful. There was something just too kind about him.” She laughs softly and smiles warmly at Adria at revealing her meeting about her first suitor.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any - by Eva - 08-23-2019, 05:03 PM